I am a college athlete/bio major/dork.

Once I accepted the fact that I'm incredibly weird, life got a whole lot better.

Things I Love:
Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Grey's Anatomy, Glee, True Blood, DISNEY MOVIES, Pixar, One Tree Hill, Vampire Diaries, HIMYM, Private Practice, 90210, so so many movies, my childhood, pretty pictures, laughing, sleeping, food.

Things I hate: school.
And sometimes soccer.

*None of these pictures are mine, I just share other people's brilliance* :)

 

Dear tumblr, Help Me Fight Breast Cancer!

A few quick facts:

-Breast cancer affects 1 in every 8 women.

-Every 19 seconds, someone is newly diagnosed with breast cancer.

-This disease is not just for women. Last year 2,000 men were diagnosed with breast cancer.

-There is still no cure.

I am walking this year in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for a Cure in DC. I will walk 60 miles in 3 days, but first I want to raise at least $2,300. I walk because I watched my mom’s best friend lose a long battle with breast cancer and leave a 3 year old little boy to grow up without his mother. I also walk because it is all to prominent in my best friend’s family - which is basically my second family. I walk so I never have to learn that my future daughter or granddaughter has been diagnosed, so I never have to tell them that I have been diagnosed.

Will you help me by donating? $120 can provide a needy woman with a potentially lifesaving mammogram. $60 is one dollar for every mile I walked during this 3Day.  If you are interested in helping save lives, please go to my personal fundraising page and make a donation. All donations are tax deductible. 75% goes directly to national research and the remaining 25% goes to local support groups.

I know tumblr is an amazing community, so I thank you from the bottom of my heart.